Global wind power development prospects

Update date:2018-05-08 Source:MAXGE

Global wind power development prospects

  Wind energy is currently the most clean energy other than water energy that can be marketized and has been recognized by major countries and regions in the world. Wind power has achieved large-scale industrialized operation in the world's major countries and regions, and wind power will not generate large environmental pollution.

According to the industrial planning of major countries and regions, the future of wind power still has a lot of room for development in the world. It is predicted that by 2020, Europe will achieve 34% of total renewable energy, of which wind power accounts for 16.90%, and the average annual investment in wind power will reach about 23.5 billion euros, of which onshore wind power will invest 14.7 billion euros. Offshore wind power investment of 8.8 billion euros, the cumulative installed capacity of wind power will reach 230 million kilowatts.

As wind power technology advances and matures, the cost of wind power generation will gradually decrease. In the future, major wind power markets such as Asia, North America, and Europe will become the main forces driving global wind power development. Driven by the encouragement policies of various countries and the growth of clean energy demand, the global wind power market will continue to grow. It is predicted that from 2015 to 2019, the global new installed capacity will increase by 3%-7%. By 2019, the cumulative global installed capacity will reach approximately 666.1 GW.

1.jpg

The prospects of offshore wind power

Compared with onshore wind power, offshore wind power has the advantages of high wind turbine generating capacity, large stand-alone installed capacity, stable unit operation, no land occupation, no consumption of water resources, suitable for large-scale development, etc. At the same time, offshore wind power is generally close to conventional power load centers. It is convenient for the grid to absorb and eliminate the problem of long-distance transmission. Therefore, global wind farm construction has emerged from land to offshore development. After nearly 20 years of development, globally, offshore wind power technology has become increasingly sophisticated. The drawbacks of the past that restricts its rapid development, such as high technical barriers, difficult construction, high maintenance costs, and strong anti-corrosion requirements of the whole machine, are gradually improving. .

Since the first offshore wind farm was put into operation, the cost of offshore wind power has dropped by more than 30%, and its cost of electricity has decreased from 240 US$/MWh in 2001 to about 170 US$/MWh in 2015, accompanied by technological innovations. As the cost continues to decline, the total installed capacity of offshore wind power is expected to surge from 13GW in 2015 to 100GW7 in 2030.

2.jpg

In 2016, the new installed capacity of offshore wind power was 2,217MW, and the cumulative installed capacity reached 14,383MW. Among them, Europe's 10 countries contributed more than 88% (12,631MW) of the total installed capacity, while the remaining 12% were mostly located in China, and a few were located in Japan, South Korea and the United States. The UK is the largest offshore wind market in the world, accounting for 36% of the world's total installed capacity. Germany has the second largest share with 29%. China surpasses Denmark by 11% and entered the top three in 2016.

Copyright© 2017 www.maxge.com All Rights Reserved.

Copyright© 2017
www.maxge.com All Rights Reserved.

悬浮

CONTACT US

NAME

Email

Phone

MESSAGE

We won't share your info with third parties.